Friday, February 12, 2010

High Praise

As I've blogged before, I'm truly grateful for social media. It has helped me reconnect with old friends, stay in touch with current friends and family, and meet new people and organizations.

Recently, I was "chatting" with my nephew on Facebook. (He's away for his first year of college - Facebook is a godsend.) Some how, the chat turned to the seasons. I told him how Fall was my favorite and a few reasons why: the spectacular, brilliant colors; the crisp air - cool enough for sweaters yet warm enough to leave the coat at home; the crunch of leaves under your feet; the light smell of burning wood as fireplaces are brought to life.

In response, my wonderful, beautiful, artistic nephew replied, "Auntie, you should write a book; maybe a book of poetry."

By far, this was some of the highest praise my writing has ever received. To think that a young, gifted, talent such as my nephew would be interested at all in me or my writing was pretty special. Yes ... he's my nephew. Yes ... he loves me. Yes ... he may be a bit biased. But ... still ... he didn't have to comment at all.

Thank you, Junior, for caring enough to comment. This post if for you. My little way of saying "Thank You" and "Happy Birthday".

Much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment